dlls/dinput/mouse.c warp handling

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jun 16 14:49:57 CDT 2004

> this is a more complete version of my mouse patch in which I tried to
> remove this funny mouse-warping-stuff.
>
> the mouse feels much better this way, but I am new to wine and maybe I
> missed something important and/or did not remove the mousewarping cleanly.

Errrm, do you understand exactly what you remove and why it was in the code ?

Basically, if you remove mouse warping, when you play games like Quake, you
will only be able to turn to your right (or left :-) ) for a fixed amount...
I.e. up until the point where the mouse will hit the right border of the
window. I agree though that 2D games (like StarCraft or others) will feel a
LOT better with a patch like that, but it's plainly wrong.

The only way to fix this is to sometimes warp the mouse back in the middle
of the window (or to use DGAMouse (or to write a new X11 extension :-) )).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/