How to test patches?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jun 17 08:25:08 CDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:09:45 -0400, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> I want to patch something in wrc/ (hopefully trivial), but I'm not sure
> how to test for any side effects. Is there a regression test suite or
> something you guys use to test your patches?

Yes, try "make test", http://test.winehq.com/data (still under
construction), writing test cases for Windows specifically etc. Alexandre
runs the test suite before any patch is checked in, any patch which causes
a test case to fail bounces.

We're also working on a graphical regression test system (cxtest) which
can drive apps and take screenshots/search for windows at regular
intervals to check an app is progressing through the test.