FW: WM_NEXTDLGCTL changes the default button ID and does not rest ore default control identifier

Krishna Murthy Krishna.Murthy at guptaworldwide.com
Thu Jun 17 11:28:51 CDT 2004

Thanks a lot.
Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Hearn [mailto:mike at navi.cx]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 9:28 AM
To: wine-devel at winehq.org
Cc: Krishna Murthy
Subject: Re: FW: WM_NEXTDLGCTL changes the default button ID and does not
rest ore default control identifier

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 09:09 -0700, Krishna Murthy wrote:
> I have submitted this patch last Friday. Today I got the latest update
> from the CVS and found that the changes are not applied.
>
> Earlier I have found that the patches used to get updated overnight.
> Please let me know if I am missing anything? OR the patch update
> process takes some time?

Probably it just needs thinking about, this sort of patch affects core parts
of Wine and so often it takes Alexandre some time to decide if the patch is
correct or not. Be patient, he is only human ;)

Having said that, there are a few things you can do to make it more likely
that patches will be applied quickly.

1) Use text mail rather than HTML mail. Alexandre applies patches by feeding
the entire email to patch, so the less junk there is the more likely it is
to just work.

2) You don't need to provide a long/short description, just a changelog
entry is fine.

If after a week or so the patch is still not applied, try resending it or
asking why it was not applied on wine-devel.

thanks -mike