Wine on FreeBSD current

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Wed Jun 16 12:49:26 CDT 2004

>> I'm just wondering if it is supposed to work as well as FreeBSD stable.

Right now, Wine doesn't work at all on FreeBSD -STABLE:

  wine: failed to initialize: /swtest/wine/dlls/ntdll.dll.so: mmap of
  entire address space failed: Cannot allocate memory

and before that I used to see deadlocks upon startup of non-trivial
applications (such as Forte Agent, both 16bit and 32bit flavors).

I believe there are also signficant threadings issues on -CURRENT, so
overall Wine is hardly, if at all, usable on any version of FreeBSD I
have access to, even though I'm still working to keep it at least
compilable on FreeBSD 4.9 and 5.2/5.3.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/