Default to Windows 98 version, introduce new version mode 'auto' to use the DLL linkage heuristics

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jun 18 03:35:20 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 17:37 -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I'm not sure this is a good idea, it will require anybody who wants to
> use NT dlls to change the config or things will break, while they work
> fine today. I think it's better to keep the current way and improve
> the auto-detection if needed.

Does anybody actually use NT native DLLs? I know any time I've tried,
they fail almost immediately, usually hitting stubbed imports to NTDLL.
I only tried with XP DLLs which won't help, but conversely most Wine
users if they have Windows probably have XP or 98 ...

Well, I'll take a look at improving the auto detection anyway.

thanks -mike