docu update

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Jun 19 13:24:21 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> Is there a reason that can't be dlopened too? relaytool makes it much less
> hassle to write dlopened code.

libicu can't be dlopened thanks to their idiotic versioning scheme.

>> f) They want to try a patch that someone sent them.
>
> How often does that occur, really? I bet about 1% of our users actually do
> this.

Given the size of our user base even 1% is a lot of people...

> Yes, I agree that both routes should be as easy as possible :) I just
> think we should start telling users who are building from source for no
> real reason to use binaries instead.

Why?  Why would you need a real reason to build from source?  Of
course if they have trouble doing that, we may suggest using binaries
instead, but I don't see why using binaries has to be some sort of
official policy. On the contrary, I think we should encourage as many
people as possible to build the source, that's the best way to find
compilation problems on strange setups.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org