winegcc and winemaker- a few minor bugs

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jun 21 11:41:58 CDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Steven Edwards wrote:

> Hola,
> I noticed two minor bugs when porting some sample DirectX code.
>
> 1. MSVC and Borland both allow for
>
> WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
>
> where under winegcc you will get the following error: "winmain.cpp:187:
> error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `WinMain' with no type". If you
> change it to:
>
> int APIENTRY WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
>
> Then it will compile fine. So should we work around the incorrectness
> of code allowed for by other compilers? Or document the changes that
> you will run in to porting C++ from other compilers?

Detecting this kind of problem would require us to have a C++
parser which is more than intended for winemaker.
So we could document it though, imho, the g++ error message is
documentation enough.

> 2. Winemaker does not import all of the import libs from the MS_VC
> makefile.

winemaker does not use the Visual C++ makefile at all.
That's why you get this error.

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...