Wine on FreeBSD current

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 22 17:05:10 CDT 2004

Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> ...and in fact, Alexandre, wouldn't it be better to have _some_ apps
> broken under Wine on FreeBSD than a completely broken Wine on FreeBSD
> for all apps?

Nope. What matters is not so much how many apps run today, but that we
have a design that will allow at some point in the future to run all
possible apps. We shouldn't compromise on a design that guarantees
that some apps will *never* run just because it runs more apps today.
Besides, a completely broken Wine is the best way to ensure that
someone starts worrying about the issue <g>

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org