Setting up drive letters without wineinstall?

David Lee Lambert lamber45 at cse.msu.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:05:56 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 05:42:36PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> An initial set of symlinks will be created by wineprefixcreate; they
> can then be modified with winecfg (or by changing the symlinks by hand
> of course). The plan is also to have winecfg autodetect cdroms but
> that's not done yet.

Speaking of this, I tried to make a config file with no [Drive X] sections
at all, and Wine wouldn't load (It complained about a missing
L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM" directory, even though I had the apropriate entry
in the file).  I added a dummy [Drive X] section back into the exact same
file, and wine loaded just fine.  It looks like the parser might be
broken, but I haven't had a chance to look more closely at it yet.

--
resume at  http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/resume.htm
PGP key at http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/newmail.htm#GPGKey