problem with linkage of so under RHEL3

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Jun 24 19:46:26 CDT 2004

Guys

(I'll be looking into it tomorrow but I thought I'd see if anyone already
knows)

Command line application opens a dll using LoadLibrary.
That Dll links to odbc
odbc uses unixODBC to link to the new Oracle 10g Beta ODBC client.
That client so access rather a lot of Oracle libraries

Relocation error occurs

/usr/local/bin/wine-pthread: relocation error:
/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1/lib/libsqora.so: undefined symbol:
SQLGetPrivateProfileString

The application can also be built under Linux, as can "That Dll" and link
directly to unixODBC.  Under that configuration it works fine.

In all the messing about with the threading etc can anyone think immediately
of where we might have messed up the linking?

(Wine is rather old - cvs compile of about 20040408)

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed