A wine magic trace key

Andrei Barbu teval at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 29 11:02:26 CDT 2004

I'm about to implement a set of keys that lets me enable disable traces
any time. Seems to me like it's a good idea, like that I can get traces
for exactly what I need. Especially when I'm faced with weird debugger
output that's 10 minutes into the game and I can't turn traces on to
begin with.

Is there another way, possibly existing, to do this?
Is this a really bad idea?

If people are interested I can post a patch later on today or tomorrow
with it. It'll be implemented in the x11 driver and calling the existing
wine_dbg_parse_options with a new options string. It can even be made a
commandline option to enable and disable that key combination (and
possibly the key combination could be set in wineconfig) but that's if
enough people are interested in the idea.

Thanks,
Andrei