winemaker fixes

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Mar 2 09:29:27 CST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Francois Gouget wrote:

> winemaker is pretty broken since it has been patched to call winegcc. I
> suspect it was not tested.

Hey, I can't do everything! :))) I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

>    We must specify '-lmsvcrt' if using the msvcrt.

Please don't, it's not needed. If you want to use msvcrt, please
pass the -mno-cygwin switch. if that doesn' work, it's a bug
in winegcc.

> There is still work to do:
>
> 1. Linking with uuid is broken. I suspect winegcc finds the Unix
> /lib/libuuid.so first and links with that instead of with our libuuid.a
> library.

That shouldn't happen. Can you please run winegcc with the -v flag,
and send the output my way please?

> 2. wrc does not find 'windows.h' (yes, some RC files #include Win32
> headers). wrc should know about the location of the headers like winegcc
> (since our Makefile don't know anything about where the Wine headers are
> anymore).

I've verified the source and it should. Maybe you can produce a
--debug=FF trace?

> 4. We have lost the autoconf integration.

We should encapsulate our macros so they can conveniently be
used by people in their configure.ac scripts. I think that's
the proper way to get autoconf integration.

> 5. Nothing works if Wine has not been installed. This is quite
> impractical for Wine developers.

It's true, but there are many reasons you need to install Wine
to be able to use Winelib. I doubt it will change in the near
future.

> 6. winegcc is not rebuilt if the '--prefix' changes.

Maybe AJ can fix the Makefile. I think winegcc.o should depend on
the Makefile.

> 7. Building dlls does not work yet but that was expected and Dimi is
> working on it.

In progress :)

--
Dimi.