Native NetBSD audio driver

Yorick Hardy yha at na.rau.ac.za
Wed Mar 3 00:35:53 CST 2004

I thought to begin with the OSS and NetBSD drivers since I am most
familiar with these. The intention was to integrate these drivers
in such a way that it will be easier (although probably not trivial)
to then bring the other drivers in.

Although short sighted, I intended to first consider the differences
in OSS and NetBSD audio drivers and then see what is needed to support
other drivers once I have successful integration of these two.

Of course, I am thankful for all the comments so far and hope I am skilled
enough to satisfy everyone :-).

> Any such solution needs to take into account all the drivers; we don't
> want a mechanism that will only work for a specific case, it will make
> things an even bigger mess.

Kind regards,

--
Yorick Hardy
Tel: +2711 489 3640  |  Fax: +2711 489 2067       | Office: C-Ring 517