Wine as shared library patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Mar 8 12:03:38 CST 2004

"Peter Dennis Bartok" <peter at novonyx.com> writes:

> Having Wine set up the TEB and stack environment and actually call our
> WinMain and us then trying to 'undo' that in WinMain creates potential for
> future breakage of our library, in case you change something related to
> the TEB & stack.

The TEB & stack layout are dictated by binary compatibility, and are
much less likely to change than the Wine init code. It's not clear to
me at all that this global variable hack is the right interface for a
proper shared library implementation, and I'm not going to commit to
supporting that interface in the future.  OTOH WinMain and the TEB
layout are not going to change, so you should build on top of that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org