vsnprintf: glibc and win32 not compatible

Jesse Allen uh_ja at gmx.net
Mon Mar 8 22:31:56 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:28:38PM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Ethereal brings its own version of (v)snprintf in form of the snprintf.[hc]
> files. While Ethereal is GPLed, the files in question are LGPLed. The
> files do not originate with Ethereal but I don't remember where they
> came from.

I have looked at this version and have been able to adapt it for msvcrt.  I've
found it fairly easy to work with.  I've even added I, I32, and I64, I think.
Discovered an issue with null pointer passed for %s (Warcraft III likes to do
that it seems).  I handle it by printing "(null)".  Other than that, it will
require some cleaning up, and still some testing.  I've put it on
ftp://narf.dnip.net/vsnprintf/ for anyone to take a look at it now.  At this
point, I don't know of any functionality issues  (maybe some more null pointer
handling?)

Jesse