Wine as shared library patch

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 9 05:39:56 CST 2004

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:27:17 +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> I strongly disagree!
>
> I'm not sure what this patch can do. But if it lets you Inject into wine
> mid run from any Linux application or Library than it is tremendous.
> MPlayer can use it, a unixODBC to windowsODBC can use it, web-browser
> plug-ins can use it.

For the record there are still a ton of unresolved questions that Mono is
just choosing to ignore here (because they can). For instance,
multithreading won't always work correctly, but as S.W.F is not thread
safe this doesn't seem to matter too much. I think stuff like exception
handling and so on won't work either. So it really is not a general
solution.

Being able to initialize winelib mid-flight is possible but a whole ton of
work that very few people understand enough to do (in fact maybe only AJ).

thanks -mike