wineinstall hangs

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Thu Mar 11 13:57:35 CST 2004

Fabian Cenedese schrieb:
>>Do you have GLX compatible drivers on this maschine, is GLX activated in your XF86Conig file? I often forget these trivial things...
>
> I don't know but I thought that ./configure would pick up everything I have
> or not and react accordingly. It's bad if the install fails before it's even finished.

Well, it tells you that GLX is missing... ;-)

> What's GLX? It's not mentioned in my XF86Config and locate GLX only
> produced two man entries. My graphic card is a Diamond Stealth 64 PCI.

GLX is hardware acceleration for OpenGL 3D.
Which chip has your Diamond card?

>>>Warning: Language 'us' was not recognized, defaulting to English.
>>>Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>>
>>Which Linux distribution do you use?
>
> That's Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.24).

That is Debian based. On Debian Woody I had to install some locale
packages to get every language I want to work.

But the default should be en, not us?!

> An unhandled exception and program hang is always bad. That's my
> main concern. And I thought that others may have the same problem.
> If not I will look into my configuration some more.

That is true. And it is bad from users view not to know at the end if it
has installed at all!

Bye
Christian