README update offer

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Thu Mar 11 15:35:24 CST 2004

Hi,

I know that I was pointed to the README file for my first german
translation "because it is pretty stable and no major overhauls are
planned". ;-) Nevertheless, I refuse to not offer you a little bit of my
time to update some parts of the README and README.de files (the other
translators would have to follow because I don't speak their languages
well enough).

I have two major update favorites:

1) Fabian Cenedese and others have made some good remarks about parts of
the README being not precise enough or a little bit wrong / outdated. I
would like to work on these sections.

2) Someone on the ML of my local LUG asked a rather simple question that
would fit to the "quick start" section IMO. He asked how to include
original MS fonts into wine because some Windows application seems to
demand them being present (physically). A short explanation of this and
the possibility to use native DLL files would perfect to a README file I
think. Using native files certainly is not a primary goal of wine
development; on the other hand it could help new users or users with
tricky applications a lot.

I will wait for your positive or negative feedback before I will post to
wine-patches. If updating the README at this time is not wanted at all,
please let me also know. I would offer then my help later.

Christian