DM_SETDEFID problems

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 11:02:37 CST 2004

Santosh Siddheshwar wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>  Maybe I should have been more clear in my question.
> Is DM_SETDEFID message processing restricted to
> dialogs created using dialog template? Is there
> any scenario where the DIALOGINFO structure could be
> NULL thus preventing the message from being
> effectively handled?

Under Wine DIALOGINFO should always be non-NULL if the dialog was create
with one of Win32 dialog creations APIs. Since they all have a dialog
template somewhere along the lines then yes, it is restricted to dialogs
created using a dialog template.
Maybe some application is pretending to be a dialog and this doesn't work on
Wine due to different offsets or something. The only time where a proper
dialog can have a NULL DIALOGINFO is just after WM_NCDESTROY.

Rob