cards.dll

Tom twickline at skybest.com
Mon Mar 15 13:02:41 CST 2004

Dimitrie O Paun wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Steven Edwards wrote:
>

>>We have a cards.dll in the ReactOS tree that we wanted to merge with
>>Winehq but the license of the bitmaps was GPL and not LGPL. Do you want
>>to take a look at our implementation and see if there is anything you
>>can use from it?
>

> Time and again, it seems that the ReactOS folks produce a lot of
> throw-away code, by keeping it in the ReactOS tree.

Well to take up for the ReactOS folks.... Martin and Ge have done one hell
of a fine job on shell32 !!
And they have given every thing back.. Not once but twice!
As AJ was on vacation at the time and Martin & Ge spent alot of time
i'm sure spliting the patch up into smaller chunks so it would be
excepted here.

I've lost count

wholy shit you got to three :) I shall now faint.........

> on how many times this happened in the past, don't you guys get it
> that we should work together on this stuff?

example listed above my friend.

I mean, don't you want
> the work you do to live on,

It is in the wine tree.....

don't you feel sorry for all the wasted
> effort?

I see these guys as our friends, comrades and they have to my simple
knowledge
agreed to cross licence *all* there work th the LGPL so *we* not them
can use
there hard work..... I have yet to hear of a single incidence where
*wine*  code
was cross licensed back to the GPL.... So I say we should work with them!
As they have worked with us..... And the only thing you need to do is ask
and i'm sure they would cross licence .. And then if you wan't what they
have...
Guess what???????? You are the one who needs to do the merge!

The only ones that need to feel sorry are the ones under a @#$ AFPL licence.
Not the people who believe in the spirit of *free* GNU software.

To sum this up..... *WE* every sigle wine user .... all 100,000 at the
last estate
should be glad that were in the company of the people at
http:www.reactos.com
as they are *our* friends & comrades and not someone to flame!!!

I say long live http:www.reactos.com

Tom

aka - Thomas Wickline

P.S.

I think of "Dimitrie O Paun" as a true friend and if he gets mad.... Oh well
the truth hurts.