cards.dll

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Tue Mar 16 17:15:32 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:22:37PM -0500, Chris Morgan wrote:
> > duplicated. Sometime our developers dont want to wait on a
> > submit->modify->comit/reject->merge->submit loop of Winehq so they put
> > code in to ReactOS cvs first. Does it mean sometimes work gets
> > duplicated? Sometimes yes. Its going to happen. Rather by mistake, or
> > design some effort will be wasted.
> >

> This submit->modify->commit/reject loop has been proven a very good method of
> ensuring that the changes are of high quality.  Dozens of projects other than
> wine operate like this, most visibly the linux kernel.  I think its silly to
> put in changes because people don't want to wait.  I'd imagine it is more
> error prone and given that Alexandre turns most patches around in days it
> seems pointless to try to circumvent this process.
>
> Chris

I mostly agree.  However, human nature being what it is and some people
less patient than others...

If they want to try out some code paths on their own and commit it
later to Wine, it's pretty much up to them.  At least it gets tested
a bit before Alexandre sees it.

I am very happy to see this level of cooperation between Wine and
Reactos at all.  Remember, the linux kernel gets forked all the time,
patches are tried out and the good ones percolate up to Linus' tree.

--
regards,
Jakob

is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.