urlmon: Implement FindMimeFromData

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 13:58:10 CST 2004

Kevin, you said:
IMHO we should really keep the list that is checked to
a minimum (being the list Windows checks)
as this code is basically doing "If a web server
reports a MIME type in this list, ignore it and
make our own guess" which is totally wrong
standards-wise and a major cause of many
problems under IE on Windows..

(Apologies for the lack of quoting.)  According to
that appendix, IE should only be overriding MIME types
that are text/plain, application/octet-stream, or
empty.  It does so because it considers these
"ambiguous".  I think your patch may be useful for the
small set of types you suggest, but shouldn't you only
override in these cases too?

--Juan