Win32 packages released on sourceforge

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Mar 20 09:38:45 CST 2004

On March 20, 2004 8:01 am, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> So what we want is
> wine-hdrs-<version>.zip (headers)
> wine-dlls-<version>[-mingw].zip (2 packages with stripped and unstripped dlls)
> wine-prgs-<version>[-mingw].zip (2 packages with stripped and unstripped progs)
> wine-w32api-<version>[-mingw].zip (2 packages with stripped and unstripped libs)

We don't need the wine-hdrs one. Here it is again:

1. wine-dlls-<version>[-mingw].zip
  This package includes only the .dll files.
  We need 2 packages, with stripped and unstripped dlls.
2. wine-prgs-<version>[-mingw].zip
  This package includes only the .exe files (tools/* and programs/*)
  We need 2 packages, with stripped and unstripped exes.
3. wine-w32api-<version>.zip
  This packages includes headers (.h), import libs (.a), and .def files
  We need only one package here, no stripping necessary,
  this is for development only.

In total, I guess we have 5 pacakges. It would be nice to have fewer,
but the debug information is just too much to force it on everybody.

--
Dimi.