Win32 packages released on sourceforge

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Mon Mar 22 11:52:37 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Paul Millar wrote:

> Does this *really* matter?  If we miss some patches, then WRT will just
> rebuild when it finishes the current cycle.  The resulting binaries would
> be published once it done.

Yes, it does matter, and it's rather important. The test cycle is non-trivial,
as I've already noted. It will take many hours to distribute and run the tests.
The clients can (and most likely) will schedule their local daemons to run only
during certain timeframes (when they don't use their boxes). This means that
we can expect a full test cycle to take close to 24h. I don't want to have
some clients go off and test on a spurious build. We have _one_ shot per day
for a build, and it better be the right one.

> The results are:
>   http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/cvs_commit.png
> There's actually a peak of commits at 4am.
>
> This is of course all UK local time.  Do you mean 4am in one of the
> US-time-zones? (=> ~ 9am-11am or so?).

Yes, I meant EST. Or, as you can see from your graph, 10am GMT is perfect.

--
Dimi.