Win32 packages released on sourceforge

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Mon Mar 22 17:50:24 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Paul Millar wrote:

> > Yes, I meant EST. Or, as you can see from your graph, 10am GMT is perfect.
>
> OK.  Its also the most likely time by which Alexandre has committed all
> the patches for that night (although it doesn't guarantee it).  If we had
> to have a fixed build time, its the best time; but I wouldn't describe it
> as perfect (but maybe that's just me being awkward :^)

Whatever you want to call it, but yes, 10am GMT is the most natural
end/begin of the 24h cycle. It seems to be a rather good choice.

As for the issue of nighly build vs. randomly initiated build: we can
argue till the cows come home. It seems that we have different points
of view. If you want to have CVS-triggered builds for WRT, all the power
to you, they makes sense in that (controlled) environment. For the nightly
builds however, I would really like having a build that's kicked off at
a precise moment in time (and as we discussed, 10GMT seems a good choice).

Please try to understand that as a developer on Wine, having this extra
variability adds _nothing_ but headache. It makes it harder to think about
the problem, to talk about it, to script for it, etc. I don't need it, and
I don't want it.

--
Dimi.