Win32 packages released on sourceforge

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Mar 24 10:14:07 CST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Paul Millar wrote:

> OK, I'll provide [file].cookie with [file]'s MD5Sum.  But we will need to
> migrate to using the signatures:  a simple md5sum doesn't pass muster.

They have different purposes. We use the md5sum just like you do, to
determine if the client needs to download the new winetest.

> If it helps, here's a quick-n-dirty sample of how to check a signature:
>
> gpg -q --batch --verify winetest-20040323-2314.zip.sig >/tmp/gpg 2>&1 ||
> (echo "Bad signature, gpg reported:"; awk '{print "  ",$0}' /tmp/gpg)

The problem is that this needs to execute on the client box, so we need
the gpg installed there. I don't know how this is going to work out.
It's up to Chris, but we can skip this sig validation for now.

--
Dimi.