redirecting stdout with WineLib

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Thu Mar 25 15:32:39 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>

>>Unfortunately this is exactly what the ok() and trace()
>>macros do in the tests.  In the light of this I'm surprised
>>that the cross compiled binaries work under Wine.  Is there
>>a fundamental reason that it can't work under WineLib, or is
>>it a simple lack of code?  If the latter, what is missing?
>>

>Cross-compiled binaries use msvcrt so they don't have that
>problem. What's missing is to allow reading/writing to a Windows
>console through a Unix fd; it's not exactly trivial to do.

Won't linking the Winelib-test against msvcrt solve this problem? I have
my winelib App's  printf  redirected and  it works ok. I even run it
under Visual-MinGW a native app. (it is a part of the make)

And Now I understand why Linux-gmake did not work under Visual-MinGW.
This is a pity. It could be nice if Windows and Linux could interchange
through stdin/stdout. (actually maybe it didn't work for another reason)

Free Life
Boaz