Call for kernel patch testing

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Mar 26 09:30:15 CST 2004

Hi guys,

As part of the ongoing efforts to work nicely with execshield/prelink, the
following kernel patch was developed (not by me I hasten to add):

http://www.bitwagon.com/elfdiet/elfdiet.html

However it needs testing so the kernel guys can be sure it'll not break
stuff. If you are the type who runs their own kernel, please apply this
patch and let us know the results! Everything should be fine, it's just a
bugfix for the edge cases, but the elf loader is security critical so it
needs widespread usage before it can be upstreamed.

This was a public service announcement.

thanks -mike