systray in desktop mode [unified resend]

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Mar 27 11:42:33 CST 2004

> > Changelog:
> > SHELL_NotifyIcon() implementation for Wine's desktop mode
>
> I'm not sure it makes any sense to do this: the system tray code is on my
> hit list for things to rewrite. It's already been mostly done, the work
> remaining is moving the code into a separate process then using the
> messages to poke wineshell.
>
> System tray in desktop mode is tricky anyway because we have no
> explorer/shell program - so where do they get put?

I wrote this for ROS Explorer and tested it running the WIN32 executable
with the patched Wine. IMHO this is the only way to get system tray
working in a MS/ROS/whatever Explorer GUI launched by Wine:
You configure Explorer for desktop mode and pass the shell notification
messages to the registered window procedure in Explorer.

Regards,

    Martin