systray in desktop mode [unified resend]

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Mon Mar 29 15:19:31 CST 2004

On 29.03.2004 22:49:56 Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Martin Fuchs" <martin-fuchs at gmx.net> writes:
>
> > I wrote this for ROS Explorer and tested it running the WIN32 executable
> > with the patched Wine. IMHO this is the only way to get system tray
> > working in a MS/ROS/whatever Explorer GUI launched by Wine:
> > You configure Explorer for desktop mode and pass the shell notification
> > messages to the registered window procedure in Explorer.
>
> shell32 should not need to know anything about desktop mode.

Then I don't see how you want to be able to handle shell applications
like Explorer and enable the systray icons in them.

Well, let's see how far Mike's upcoming rewritten systray can handle this.
I may have a look in the new code, and see if I it's possible to do it
without knowing about the desktop mode.

Regards,

   Martin