i810 audio fixes 1/2

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 17:56:46 CST 2004

I believe it makes sense for wine to keep the oss and alsa
drivers as low level as possible for users that require performance
over useability. The straight to hardware philosophy of direct sound
should be honored when possible. This would be appropriate for
games, voip or low latency music applications.

If usability rather than performance (as in  multiple applications) is
important, then higher level drivers like jack or arts should be used.

This gives the user the ability to choose which driver is most appropriate
for their needs.