winetest: move to resources

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue May 4 11:47:33 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> It's almost a resend of my previous patch which seems MIA.
>> The only difference is that I removed the possible sequence
>> point screwups in the hope they were the reason for the drop.
>>
>> New files: programs/winetest/README
>>            programs/winetest/resource.h
>>
>> ChangeLog:
>> - Build info et al. is given by files instead of env. vars.
>> - Store that information in resources.
>
> I think it would be much cleaner to have maketest take care of
> including the files, so that it doesn't require everybody to have
> dummy files around and avoids that ugliness in the makefile.

My first implementation did exactly that.  However, these
pieces of information have their places in the depencency
tree and I managed to screw up my build more often than not
without the help of make.  Beyond that, moving this little
complexity out of the Makefile leads to much more complexity
in a couple of other places.  I did my best not to bother
uninterested parties by these small files; I think they
would go unnoticed.  Are you still holding your position?

Btw the real solution to the ugliness would be the use of
the .DELETE_ON_ERROR special target, isn't that portable?
--
Feri.