supported apps page, crash reporting, and phoning home on success

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 8 02:16:23 CDT 2004

I was looking for a newbie project recommendation
(for someone else, not me!), and figured
"pick a popular windows app, and firm up wine support for it"
would be a good one.  Not knowing what apps are popular,
I paid a visit to the winehq supported apps page.
I noticed the page didn't have links to the apps' homepages,
so I posted a patch to fix that.

We're probably missing some apps that people
use and like.  I don't know where to get good data
on this, though (I'm no Windows user!)
Maybe we need to add a 'phone home' sort of option
to Wine so that it gives people the option of
uploading crash and/or success data for each app the
user runs to winehq?  It could upload once a day,
no need to upload any more often, probably.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com