winmm WAVE_MAPPER patch

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 8 03:24:47 CDT 2004

Robert Reif a écrit :
> Fixes a bug where waveOutGetDevCapsA succeeds with the
> WAVE_MAPPER device when there are no devices.
>
> I'm not sure this is best fix because the code is hard to
> follow but it does work.

I'm not sure it's the right place to fix it. Did you try on windows what
happens with waveOutGetDevCaps(-1, ...) to see what Windows returns for
the mapper itself.
The current code (in mapper) assumes that mapper itself has capabilities
(which I'm not sure of). It may well be that we shall return an error
(independently on the number of installed drivers), but in that case,
proper support is better in the wave mapper it self than in winmm.

A+