[patch] Listview drag-and-drop fix

Paul Rupe prupe at myrealbox.com
Wed May 12 08:07:25 CDT 2004

On Monday May 10 2004 07:31 am, Rein Klazes wrote:

> The problem here is that on Windows the WM_LBUTTONUP message *is*
> swallowed when it terminates a drag and drop operation. The real problem
> is probably not to get in this LISTVIEW_TrackMouse in the first place.

I'm not sure I follow.  If I understood the code right, when there is a real
drag-and-drop event, we *do* swallow the WM_LBUTTONUP message like Windows
does.  That's the "ReleaseCapture(); return 1;" block which my patch
doesn't affect.  What I changed was the "never mind, the mouse button was
pressed, but it wasn't a drag-and-drop after all" part.  But I could
certainly have missed something, can you explain further?

--
Paul Rupe   <prupe at myrealbox.com>                "She smiled, in the end."