Daylight Savings Time transition dates patch

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Fri May 14 17:19:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

Steven Edwards wrote:

> Hello Wililam,
>
> --- Wililam <computerman413 at ezrs.com> wrote:
>

>>     I have implemented the daylight savings time transition dates in the
>> RtlQueryTimeZoneInformation function.
>>

> I think this may fix some of the Mozilla problems I have been seeing
> under WINE.

this patch will surely not fix the Mozilla problem. Mozilla expects the
DaylightName <about:blank> member of TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION to be set to
null-terminated string, that's not done yet.

> Should the _tzname variable exported from msvcrt use this
> information?

Not really. There's a function in MSVCRT (*_tzset) *the should call
GetTimeZoneInformation and fill in _tzname and few other exported
variables.

> I sent a semi-stub implementation to wine-patches lastweek
> but I dont think its correct.

Why do you think so?

- Filip