Building WINE with Intel ICC for Linux

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 15 09:09:57 CDT 2004

Steven Edwards a écrit :
> Hi,
> --- Warren Turkal <wt at midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Eric Pouech wrote:
>>
>>>why I don't understand is why you __GNUC__ defined in your
>>
>>compilation
>>
>>>process. it sounds odd that ICC would set it
>>
>>I believe that ICC attempts to be fully compatible with the GNU C
>>dialect of
>>C.
>
> Yes from what I understand it even support GCC extentions. It seems it
> might not possibly be setting __GNUC__ right. How does GCC define this?
> Is it __GNUC__=3 ?
the real issue is that gcc and icc handle differently extern inline
foo(), when we actually define foo() as non inline (for inclusion in
import table for example): icc handles as gcc the case where the non
inline form is a real C function, but fails for a full assembly form.
But, it doesn't seem icc (for Linux) support the stdcall calling
convention, which is a real showstopper

A+