symbol hiding

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sat May 15 11:07:15 CDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:02:20 -0700, Dan Timis wrote:
> If questions relating to a commercial non open source product that uses
> wine heavily are not welcome on this list, I apologize and I will never
> ask these kinds of questions again.

Given that 99.99999% of the software Wine is used to run is proprietary,
it'd be an odd forum if we didn't like to talk about it :)

I think Pauls point was that if what you are doing is so secret and so
proprietary that you're afraid symbol names will leak trade secrets you're
probably better off with some full blown code obfuscater/encryption system.

thanks -mike