[ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 11:44:05 CDT 2004

Hello Dmitry,

--- Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
> Yes, Wine is not perfect. No offence intended, but when ReactOS will
> be able
> to run at least MS Office XP then you could start comparing our
> implementations
> and state that Wine is not perfect in comparison. Right now I'm
> afraid that
> comparison is not on the ReactOS side, and just not using Wine source
> is plain
> wrong and just a big mistake.

I agree with you and wish we could share more. I discussed abstracting
WINE user32/gdi32 and creating a Win32k.sys implementation for Wine so
we could try to hide the x11drv behind it but at the time Alexandre
does not seem very interested in the idea. The way it stands right now
while WINE is more correct in its functionality its implementation is
not 100% correct for the design we are trying to replicate. If we can
change this in WINE, then sure lets share even more and stop
duplicating work.

Thanks
Steven