tlhelp32 problem

André Johansen andrejoh at c2i.net
Sat May 22 15:47:18 CDT 2004

* Eric Pouech (Sun, 16 May 2004 08:20:01 +0200) wrote:
| André Johansen a écrit :
| > Hi!
| > While trying to get Anarchy Online working with Wine, I discovered
| > that dynamically getting symbols from the running program does not
| > work properly in Wine.
| what doesn't work is that toolhelp (in wine) doesn't properly set the
| szModule of the MODULEENTRY structure. But, since the rest of the
| fields are correctly set, this explains why your test work when you
| remove the test on the module ending with ".dll". If you'd use
| szExePath field instead of the szModule one, it'd work too.
|
| I'll a fix later on for setting the szModule field.

I've implemented a solution for the problem, please review carefully
as I don't know Wine nor Win32 too well!

It might be overly complex, but I don't quite know the constant sizes
or whether or not the executable path always has to contain a
delimiter, so I've played the safe game.

I've also changed some of the other fields; according to MSDN:
* th32ModuleID should be 1
* GlblcntUsage and ProccntUsage should be 0xFFFF
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/perfmon/base/moduleentry32_str.asp>