General serial communications issues

David Purucker purucker at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 03:29:33 CDT 2004

>>I have tried several terminal programs (Hyperterm and TeraTerm) under
> > several builds of
> > Wine including Wine-20040505 and they seem to have the same generic
>problem.
>
>We are using serial ports under Wine for a current project, and they
>work OK (apart from a few warnings).  The machine I'm using doesn't
>have X, so I haven't tried HyperTerminal or TeraTerm, but our
>console-mode applications operate pretty much as expected.
>
>I'm using two patches applied to a recent CVS.  The first is a patch
>Eric Pouech recently posted:
>
>     http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/05/0297.html
>
>The second is a patch of my own to supress warnings when using a
>pseudo-tty as a serial port:
>
>     http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/05/0278.html
>
>But our apps worked OK before that; they just generated some warnings.
>Still, these patches might help, or at least cut down on the noise and
>help you find the real error.
>
>TeraTerm has source available, so it should be one of the easier
>applications to debug.
>
>----ScottG.

Thanks Scott, for the prompt reply.

I tried the patch posted by Eric Pouech and still no luck, the program still
appears to receive nothing
back.   I can type directly into the terminal a ATDT command to dial a
number and I get a connect,
but never see a response on the screen.

I have tested it on several different machines with different wine builds,
but could someone please
test this, just to make sure that I am not doing something trivially wrong.

Thanks again