Proprietary Hardware and related stuff - Get them work with Linux

Gianfranco Luceri gianfranco.luceri at aubay.it
Tue May 25 11:09:47 CDT 2004

Hello,
I own a Matrox Mistyque with Rainbow Runner Studio and Rainbow Runner TV
(not G-Series) add-on cards and there's no way of getting them all work with
Linux due to the lack of documentation about a proprietary chip
(MGA-something-I-cant-remember-any-more).
The only supported OSes are Win95 (fully operational, not taking into
account the Os flaws) and WinNT 4.0 (some "minor" features aren't
available).

Maybe WINE is the only way to get it (and similar hardware) work with Linux.
Infact the driver and related software could be installed and executed with
WINE, assuming that WINE could succesfully access the I/O port used by the
hardware (and maybe linux is not even aware of that hardware!)

Maybe I'll try that by myself and post the (maybe bad) results I'll get (at
least a divorce from my wife).

Any comments, hint, post wuold be appreciated.

There's a lot o people owning a Rainbow Runner (not G-Series) or hardware
with the same problem out there. So please help.

Thank you.

DonalDuck