Add documentation on the address space layout in Wine

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 28 14:27:19 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn a écrit :
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:10:22 +0200, Pouech Eric DMI AEI CAEN wrote:
>
>>Hi Mike
>>I've started to revisit the architecture.sgml file, and started to write
>>also about this matters (and a few others). For coherency reasons, if
>>you don't mind, I'll reintegrate your bits in the architecture.sgml file
>>(what you wrote covers also process image loading...).
>

> Sure, go ahead and do what you want with it. Do you know when you'll have
> something to submit?
sounds like Alexandre didn't read all the mails in patches dir before
applying your patch. I'll try something for tonight, but not sure.
Basically, the first chapter belongs IMO rather to the architecture
bits, whereas the second one definitively belongs to the advanded topics.

> Also what else have you written about?
I wrote mainly about the overall architecture, details about native DLLs
implementation, process loading (NE, PE & Winelib), DLL relocation, NT &
subsystems
> I'm keen on getting as much of this
> low level technical detail down in writing so developers new to Wine
> stand a chance of understanding the scarier bits of the code. I was
> thinking of tackling DCOM next.
go ahead for DCOM, I won't do anything in that area

A+