Update region patch

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 3 09:16:35 CST 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:31:05 -0800, you wrote:

> Here's the first step of moving the update region management to the
> server. The refresh on window moves is not optimized yet, so it will
> probably flicker quite a bit, but things should still be painted
> properly in the end. If you feel like giving this a try, I'm
> interested in hearing about any case where things don't repaint
> correctly.

1) Newsbin pro gets into an apparently endless loop when building up its
main screen.
I've uploaded a +relay,+server trace to
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rklazes/temp/nbhangs.log.bz2

2) the 'tool tips' windows of Agent news reader do not close until
another tool tip is made to appear. They stay open also when switching
to other X windows, or even other work spaces.

3) Calling up a dialog and moving it using the mouse causes lots of
repainting of the dialog, it does not without the patch. Just try wine's
notepad and the font dialog to see.

Tell me if you need other information.

Rein.
--