Winetest questions

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Nov 7 23:46:33 CST 2004

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 03:48:53PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>>Ah, but you don't disable it, as far as I can tell.
>>As of last month, I was able to run winetest under Linux, and because of
>>that wrong environment setting, it got all the todo_wine's
>>wrong.  In fact, winetest.exe.so is built by default.  Is that a mistake?
>

> No. We still build winetest under Linux, so that it doesn't bitrot,
> but AFAIK, we reject submitted test results from such builds on WineHQ.

You may protect winehq from those reports, but there's still a problem:
the local user (e.g. me :-) can get confused by the output of
winetest on wine.

It's a minor thing, and the test results page for winehq that
documents all this stuff will help, but I still have the feeling
that winetest should disable the upload button and display a warning
when running on Wine.  And once that's been done, there's no harm
in setting the environment variable correctly so winetest actually
handles the todo_wine annotations correctly.
- Dan