Miscellaneous UI Fixes

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:16:55 CST 2004

William Poetra Yoga H wrote:
> --- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:14:36PM -0800, William Poetra Yoga H wrote:
>>
>>>Reasons for sending the patch:
>>>1. all at once: the patches are a group of related fixes (as said in the
>>>website).
>>>2. one file per message: I don't know :-P
>>>3. one file per item: it's one fix per patch (as said in the website)
>>
>>3, as documented on the website, is the preferred method. Otherwise,
>>we wouldn't have documented it as such :)
>>
>>--
>>Dimi.
>>

> You mean 5 mails with one patch each? Or one mail with 5 diff files?

Just to be clarify a bit more, a "patch" fixes one thing, or several
closely related things. A patch can contain changes to multiple files,
when multiple files need to be changed to fix something. After applying
a single patch, Wine should be able to be recompiled and run, presumably
with whatever was being fixed now working.

In the case of your original email, where there is one attachment for
menu size and one for nonclient size, they probably should be sent in
separate patches/emails.