dlls/rsaenh/rsaenh.c

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 9 15:53:06 CST 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 21:24, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Michael Jung <mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:
> > I agree that if this is done on Windows in advapi32, we have to do it
> > there, too. What I meant to say was the following:
> >
> > There are basically two possibilities:
> > 1.) It's done in rsaenh. Then we are ok.
> > 2.) It's done in advapi32: Then it doesn't matter if we already have set
> > it in rsaenh, because it will be overwritten.
>
> But if Windows doesn't set it in rsaenh, then we are just hiding a
> bug. And of course there's always the possibility that native advapi32
> somehow depends on rsaenh not doing it; I know it's unlikely, but the
> point is we can't just do things differently and assume that it will
> work.

The attached program produces the following output on my WinXP SP2:

Loaded rsaenh.dll successfully!
Got CPAcquireContext address!
Success! Last error: 00000000

So it seems that rsaenh is setting last error to ERROR_SUCCESS. If you wan't
to try the program, make sure that there is a default key container named
with your login name on your system. Otherwise CPAcquireContext will fail.

Greetings,
Michael