[setupx_main.c] SETUPX_CreateStandardLDDs: question about a FIXME

Fabrice Ménard menard.fabrice at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 10 04:16:57 CST 2004

Hi,

In setupapi/setupx_main.c, function SETUPX_CreateStandardLDDs:

There is a FIXME("LDID_SRCPATH: what exactly do we have to do here ?\n").
It concerns the registry value:

 SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Setup\\SourcePath.

AFAIK, this value defines the location where the setup of windows was done.
As we don't have a real windows installation, this key is naturally not set.
I'm wondering if it will hurt to set it to a fallback string (maybe the most common one:
"D:\\") and get rid of this FIXME.

I think if a windows application need this value and don't find what it wants, it justs throw
a message box asking for the correct CD (in fact it is very common to have this value set to
a wrong path when you have more than one CD device).

I know it is not so important, but I really enjoy having one less FIXME :-))

If you're ok with that, I'll send a tiny patch

Fabrice Ménard
menard.fabrice at wanadoo.fr