ODBC - MSSQL

Simon.Tyler at ddscanada.com Simon.Tyler at ddscanada.com
Thu Nov 11 10:49:08 CST 2004

Hi Pablo,

I can connect to SQL 6.5 and 7 no problem using mdac_typ.exe. Haven't
tested with SQL 2000. Using an older version of wine 20030408. and "odbc32"
= "native" in my wine config file. Also, I've been able to connect from
Linux using freetds drivers, I think this is supposed to work with wine but
I had problems.

Simon

             "Pablo Szuster"
             <pszuster at ciudad.
             com.ar>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <wine-devel at winehq.org>
             wine-devel-admin@                                          cc
             winehq.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       ODBC - MSSQL
             09/03/2004 05:38
             PM

             Please respond to
              "Pablo Szuster"
             <pszuster at ciudad.
                  com.ar>

Hi, i´m trying to access a MSSQL server (in a windows machine in the
network) from a Visual Basic Application running under wine, using an ODBC
driver.
Since there aren´t any MSSQL drivers for linux i decided to use de native
ones, so i installed mdac_typ.exe . Then i configured the DSN using
odbcad32.exe but when i tested the connection (configured using tcp/ip) an
error message appeared ("[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP
Sockets] General network error. Check your network documentation").
Do i have to install some network drivers for wine?? Has anyone been able
to connect to a MSSQL server remotely using odbc under wine??

Todavía no tenés tu Ciudad Internet Mail? Obtenelo ahora! -
http://webmail.ciudad.com.ar

Descargá Gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 6.0, el mejor software para
actualizar tu PC.
http://www.ciudad.com.ar/ar/servicios/ie/