Default System Colors

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 09:38:49 CST 2004

--- Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some time ago I looked into uxtheme a bit and it roughly works like this.
> The dll itself is responsible for loading theme files. After a theme is
> loaded it can for example be used to load a bitmap and draw as for example
> the background of a window or it can change the color of controls.
>
> Uxtheme can be used in two ways. Useally all theming is done by windows
> itself. To do the theming microsoft ships a new version of the user and
> common dialog dlls which use uxtheme to do the theming. In the other case
> you can call uxtheme yourself and then you can decide yourself what you want
> to theme.
>
> Not sure if I said it all correctly. Likely Kevin Koltzau knows it a bit
> better as he is working on uxtheme. Not sure what the current status of the
> dll is but atleast our controls aren't using it for theming yet.
>
> Roderick

So, does the app know that it's being themed? What I mean is, for example an
app is written for Win 95. In the (unlikely case, so let's change it to Win ME)
event that it is compatible with Win XP, will it be skinned (without being
recompiled)?

If yes, then I think most of user32.dll would have to change, wouldn't it?